Using QR codes in the Chinese Market
QR codes are used often instead of punishing website URL.
QR (quick response) code is method of "bar coding" a string of data. Therefore can be used for website, email address, APP address, WeChat information, etc.
While QR codes have been available for many years, China has been using them in recent years as replacement for the need to type more complex names in Latin character. In additional mobiles have a QR code scanner and social media, e.g. WeChat, have built in scanner.
Here are a few examples:
A QR codes can be in different colours, styles, with or with logos.
Access to China QR codes recommendations
- Create QR codes and publishing them on all marketing materials and business cards, etc.
- Add your QR code(s) to your home page of your company website. In China often readers / users transfer web content from desk top to mobiles. A QR code makes this straight forward. For an example: www.goodmove.cn
- Use different URL codes for trading different sources of business, e.g. Brochure, Business card, website.
- Always check and test QR codes are working both for seeing the website contents and tracking system
- Do not use a long URL, email address as the QR code becomes too complex and becomes harder for the QR scanner to read.
If looking to create a QR code you find many free tools for doing this on the internet. Our recommendation is
There are companies who will design and create very good QR for your business.
We still would recommend starting using a free tool so you get good understanding of what activated and standards / restrictions QR codes format demands, e.g. there is a limited space for your company logo in the middle of the QR code.